Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Husband's Idea of Crafting


We recently PCSed to Hawaii, just over 5,000 miles from the place that I had worked teaching for nearly six years. I have yet to find a job, and no real inclination to find another full-time teaching job, but I've tired of housekeeping relatively quickly. 

So, I was complaining the other day that I have nothing to do around the house, (which is part of the reason that I started trying my hand at pillowcase dresses) and my husband came up with this brilliant idea: I could replace all the velcro on his ACUs.

Initially, I thought that I wouldn't be able to find the green velcro, and that I'd get out of it easy enough, but then we made a trip to Clothing and Sales (he needed gear for NTC, he's going to deploy in a couple of months) and we found the replacement kits.

So I spent an afternoon ripping off old velcro and sewing on new. He thought I'd be happy because I spent time sewing. And happy because we didn't spend money on new ACUs. I guess he doesn't need to know that it felt like work, huh?

No comments: