Monday, December 27, 2010

A New Hobby: Sewing


I want a little girl so badly. They do not make patterns that are cute for little boys. My little boy wears t-shirts and shorts, and there's not much I can do for his wardrobe.

However, I do have lots of friends who have little girls. And I started an Etsy store. So I thought I'd try my hand at pillow case dresses and other crafts and see if I can make a little side money.

Pillowcase dresses are simple, drawstring over the shoulder sundresses. If done in the original manner, they are very cute, but very simple, and still look very much like a pillowcase.  

I'm not one to do things the simplest way possible, so I have to add all kinds of extras, and the end result looks nothing like the original idea. However, this picture is not the end result. This was me playing with my materials. In fact, this particular pillow case is still in one piece.

No comments: